Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Teacher Appreciation Craft

It has been a while since I posted. I have been extremely busy with church, my son's school and of course my job of being a stay-at-home mom. Needless to stay it has been a hectic last couple of months and somewhat stressful. However, another school year is coming to an end and I will have more time to post and share some of my crafts with you.

Since the school year is ending I wanted to get my son's teacher something special for her hard work and dedication, but nothing at the store seemed original. Then I got the idea of doing something for her, something she can actually use at home or her classroom. I came up with making a personalized pencil, pen, ruler holder from a recycled formula tin can and the best part was that my son was able to help out.

The materials used were:
Black scrapbook paper (1 piece)
A recycled can of formula (got it from my sister in law)
Wood letters I got at Michael's for about $1.50
White and orange acrylic paint
Hot glue gun
Flower stickers I got at The Dollar Tree for $1.00...lol



Here's how I did it. First, I measure the can and cut the paper accordingly. I used my glue gun to make the paper stick to the tin can. Once the glue had dried, for a decorating effect I glued some ribbon on the top and bottom edge.
Second, I painted my letters white and orange to fit the color theme. Once the letters were dried, I once again used my glue gun to attach the letters to the tin can.


Here you can see the ribbon decor and letters being glued on.

Once the letters where done drying, I added some more decor by attaching some flower stickers I got at The Dollar Store.


I love how nice and detailed the flowers are and they only cost $1.00.

Once I added the flowers I was done. I stuffed the tin can with some goodies from Michael's that were 50 cents each.



In total I spent about $5-$7 to make this project. I love it because it is something she can always use and hopefully she likes it.


No comments:

Post a Comment