Monday, April 15, 2013

New Beginnings, New Responsibilities

I have been extremely busy lately. My parents are head Pastors at a local church here in my hometown. They have asked me to help out with the youth ministry and it has been consuming a lot of my time lately. I'm not complaining however, I actually like it.
I grew up in a Christian home, but when I turned 18, I decided that it wasn't for me. I decided to leave the church and do my own thing. I met the Hubbs got married had my son and I still didn't feel the need to go back to church. However, right before I got pregnant with my daughter something inside me clamored to go back to church and not so much church, but to seek God period. Something inside of me needed that relationship and I decided to seek him in truth and in spirit. I began by renewing my relationship with him first and then decided to go back. Since then I have attended the same church I grew up in, but with a different perspective on faith. I don't go because I have to, but because I want to. As the cliche goes I have a faith not a religion, there's a big difference.
I went through a lot when I decided to leave my faith. Some were good experiences, some not so much. I want to be able to share some of my experiences with the youth of my church and if it can help them in anything, I will feel extremely blessed. It will be a hard task, but it will be one that will bring me much satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment